I’m a professor at Université libre de Bruxelles, École polytechnique, and an associate researcher at KU Leuven, DistriNet research group. I work on topics involving privacy, safety and security of information and communications technology, with particular interest in dependable embedded systems and secure critical ICT infrastructures, and in interdisciplinary research on questions around the responsible and sustainable development and use of ICTs.
Short bio and picture for conference programmes.
- Via ULB (preferred, includes a postal address): email@example.com
- Via KU Leuven (includes a postal address): firstname.lastname@example.org
- PGP Key muehlber.asc; available on public
keyid: rsa3072 D7ED3DF4 2018-05-06
fingerprint: A7FB665F 18F8A0FA 6566C5A5 B229F089 D7ED3DF4
- Mastodon: @email@example.com
- Twitter: @jtmuehlberg
- GitHub: muehlber
- LinkedIn: Jan Tobias Muehlberg
Stuff I Do
- Responsible Computing & Sustainable ICT submission deadlines countdown: responsible-computing.github.io
- DistriNet TEE: Establishing Trust across the System Stack. We are the TEE group at imec-DistriNet at KU Leuven.
- CIF Seminars: An monthly series of interdisciplinary seminars around legal and technical topics related to cybersecurity and online privacy, organised by the CiTiP, COSIC, and DistriNET research groups of KU Leuven.
- Sancus: A Lightweight and Open-Source Trusted Computing for the IoT
- VulCAN: Efficient Component Authentication and Software Isolation for Automotive Control Networks
- 5GhOSTS: 5th GeneratiOn Security for Telecom Services
Current and Recent PC/TC Service
- Weizenbaum Conference 2023: AI, Big Data, Social Media, and People on the Move
- SILM 2023: The 5th edition of our workshop on the Security of Software / Hardware Interfaces will be co-located with the 8th IEEE European Symposium on Security and Privacy (EuroS&P 2021) and will take place in Delft, The Netherlands
- ICT4S 2023, Posters and Demos track: The International Conference on Information and Communications Technology for Sustainability
- LIMITS 2023: The 9th Workshop on Computing within Limits
- EuroS&P 2023: The 8th IEEE European Symposium on Security and Privacy in Delft, The Netherlands
- SILM 2022: The 4th edition of our workshop on the Security of Software / Hardware Interfaces will be co-located with the 7th IEEE European Symposium on Security and Privacy (EuroS&P 2021) and will take place in Genoa, Italy (or online, depending on the pandemic situation).
- SILM 2021: The 3rd edition of our workshop on the Security of Software / Hardware Interfaces will be co-located with the 6th IEEE European Symposium on Security and Privacy (EuroS&P 2021) and will take place in Vienna, Austria (or online, depending on the pandemic situation).
- SICT: Summer School on Sustainable ICT
- QA&Test International Conference on Building Safe and Secure Systems
- QA&Test International Conference on Embedded Software Testing
- Member of Safety Critical Systems Club, Security Informed Safety Working Group
- Member of ISO/TC 22: Road vehicles
- Member of ISO/TC 22/SC 31: Data communication
I have the great pleasure of working with some amazing PhD researchers right now:
- Fritz Alder (with Frank Piessens)
- Gianluca Scopelliti (with Christoph Baumann (Ericsson Research, Stockholm) and Wouter Joosen)
- Hans Winderix (with Frank Piessens)
- Martin Sas (with Peggy Valcke)
- Merve Gülmez (with Wouter Joosen)
- Mykyta Petik (with Peggy Valcke)
- Pavithrakrishnan Radhakrishnan (with Davy Pissort)
- Sepideh Pouyanrad (with Wouter Joosen)
PhD Committee Membership
- Gerald Budigiri (with Eddy Truyen and Wouter Joosen)
- Saad Memon (with Marcus Völp)
- Hamdi Trimech (with Danny Hughes)
- Migration and Technology Monitor
- A Blueprint for Europe’s Just Transition
- Tijd voor een Burgerparlement rond de ecologische noodtoestand
- Förderverein Großtrappenschutz e.V.
Last modified: 2023-03-03 11:35:12 +0100